Great Falls Rescue Mission
STATEMENT OF FAITH
1. We believe the Bible is the inspired, infallible, and inerrant Word of God. It is our sole authority for faith and practice (2 Timothy 3:16-17; 2 Peter 1:20-21).
2. We believe that there is only one God, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit (Genesis 1:1; Deuteronomy 6:4; Matthew 28:19).
3. We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ (John 10:30, 33), His virgin birth (Matthew 1:23; Luke 1:35), His sinless life (Hebrews 4:15; 7:26), His miracles (John 2:11), His vicarious and atoning death (1 Corinthians 15:3-4; Ephesians 1:7; Hebrews 2:9), His resurrection (John 11:25; 1 Corinthians 15:3), His ascension to the right hand of the Father (Mark 16:19), His personal return in power and glory (Acts 1:11; Revelation 19:11).
4. We believe that mankind is lost and that regeneration through faith in the finished work of Jesus Christ by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential for salvation (John 3:16-19; 5:24; 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 5:8-9; 6:23; Ephesians 2:8-10; Titus 3:5).
5. We believe in the complete and eternal salvation of the true believer (Ephesians 2:8-10; Colossians 2:10).
6. We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost – they that are saved unto the resurrection of life, and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation (Daniel 12:1-2; John 5:28-29).
7. We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ (Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 12:12-13; Galatians 3:26-28; Philippians 2:1-2).
8. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life (John 7:37-39; 14:14-17; Romans 8:9-14; 1 Corinthians 3:16; 6:19-20).
9. We believe that God created mankind in His image (Genesis 1:26-28; 5:1-2; Ephesians 2:10).
10. We believe that God immutably created each person as either male or female (Genesis 5:1-2) and that these two distinct genders reflect the image and nature of God (Genesis 1:26, 27; Mark 10:6).
11. We believe that God ordained marriage to be the union of one man and one woman, and that intimate sexual activity is to occur only within this union (Genesis 2:18-25; Romans 1:21-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9-11, 18; 7:1-5; Hebrews 13:4).
12. We believe that all human life is sacred and created by God in His image. Human life is of inestimable worth in all its designations, including pre-born babies, the aged, the physically or mentally challenged, and every other stage from conception through natural death (Psalm 139:14-16).
13. Final Authority for Matters of Belief and Conduct: This statement of faith does not exhaust the extent of our beliefs. The Bible itself, as the authoritative Word of God, addresses all matters of faith and practice (2 Timothy 3:15-17).